Explore Colombia's highlights and venture off the beaten track to discover stunning scenery, bird life and the friendliest people in Latin America
On this small group tour to Colombia you will discover a country full of surprises, diverse and breathtaking scenery, and some of the friendliest people in Latin America. You will travel off the beaten track and have many opportunities to interact with local people, while visiting their colonial cities, unspoilt villages and coffee plantations.
The dates for the tour are 6th – 21st February 2020 – (With optional beach extension to 24th Feb 2020)
The tour will focus on Colombia’s incredible scenery and nature, with some birding, cultural and coffee excursions, but also some leisure time. It combines some established highlights with some less well-known gems to give you a true insight into this amazing country. From the high Andes mountains to the Caribbean coast, this is an adventure of a lifetime to a unique destination that is waiting to be discovered.
You will explore the vibrant cities of Bogotá and Medellin with their amazing culture, art and food. You will be astounded by the stunning natural beauty of the coffee region with its rolling emerald hills, deep valleys dotted with soaring palms, quaint towns and coffee farms. The tour will then finish in the historic walled port city of Cartagena, Colombia’s jewel on the crown. We will also take you off the tourist trail to very special places like Salamina in the Coffee Country, a completely authentic gem of a Colombian colonial town with hardly any tourists, and to Mompox a town frozen in time.
You will stay in very special small boutique hotels on this tour with breakfasts and most lunches included. There are restaurants at the hotels and a wonderful selection of restaurants nearby to choose from in the evenings, at all locations.
The price includes:
– International and domestic flights with Avianca
– Accommodation in hotels, haciendas and eco-lodges as described (All rooms have en-suite bathrooms)
– Breakfast included everywhere and 9 lunches included
– Private transport and transfers in good modern buses and in 4×4 jeeps
– All tours and activities as described with entrance fees and local guides included at each destination
– Bilingual tour leaders with group for the whole tour (one in Bogota area, another in Coffee Country & Medellin, and a third in Cartagena & Mompox)
– 24hour assistance of local agents in Bogota during the whole tour
– Food and drinks not mentioned and included
– Optional activities and tours on free days
– Other personal expenses and tips for local guides and drivers, etc.