Discover Nicaragua's colonial towns, gorgeous scenery, volcanos, wildlife and abundant bird species
This suggested Birds, Nature & Culture itinerary has been carefully tailored to showcase the best of Nicaragua and offers a unique journey into a land full of ancestral culture, legendary traditions and rich biodiversity. You will discover splendid historical colonial towns such as Granada, spectacular active volcanoes like Masaya, and natural reserves sheltering a wide range of ecosystems that include thousands of flora and fauna species. Nicaragua’s wildlife list is fascinating and abundant, with 750 species of birds, 150 species of mammals and 300 species of amphibians.
– All International and domestic flights
– Accommodation in hotels and nature reserve with meals as described (All rooms have en-suite bathrooms)
– A bilingual tour guide will accompany you from Days 2 – 13
– Private road transport in good modern vehicles with A/C
– Private boat transportation from San Carlos to Refugio Bartola / Refugio Bartola to El Castillo / San Carlos to Solentiname to Colón.
– Public boat transportation from El Castillo to San Carlos
– All tours and activities as described with entrance fees and local guides included
– Professional birding guides at all bird destinations and bird reserves
– Tourist card (a US$10.00 tourist card must be purchased upon entering Nicaragua)
– Immigration fee entering and leaving Nicaragua (approx. US$6.00 / Pers.)